NorCal Bike Sport’s service department can handle any type of bicycle assembly or repair. With the most skilled service staff in the Bay Area, our Tour de France proven mechanics have experience that is second to none. NorCal is the place to go for anything from a basic tune-up on your town bike to tubular tire installation on the latest carbon wheelset. All of our mechanics are fully factory trained by the industry’s leading manufacturers. Please call or stop by for an appointment.
We also offer the most comprehensive suspension and disc brake overhaul in Sonoma County. Avid, Magura, Hayes, Hope, Fox, Rock Shox, Formula, Shimano, Manitou, etc.
We will provide a free estimate for work your bike needs when you bring it to the shop. Our hourly rate is $90.00, plus the cost of any extra parts needed to complete the job.
- Custom hand built wheels
- Suspension service and fork overhaul
- Hydraulic disc brake service
- Shimano Di2 certified
- Tubular tire mounting
- High end wheel service
- Pro builds
- Inspect frame and fork
- Check all fasteners
- Check for proper quick-release skewer function
- Check tires for cuts and proper inflation
- Basic tune-up plus:
- Overhaul bottom bracket
- Remove drive train and clean in heated solvent tank (Environmentally Friendly)
- Safety check
- Adjust derailleurs
- Adjust brakes and resurface pads
- Lube cables and housing
- Check and adjust wheel bearings, headset and bottom bracket
- True wheels in stand
- Light cleaning
- Performance tune-up plus:
- Strip bike down to frame and perform all of the above.
The purchase of a new bike gets you three free tune-ups during your first year of ownership by our experienced mechanics.
Mechanical TipsBefore every ride inspect:
- Tire pressure - see recommended pressure on side of the tire.
- Chain - should glisten with lubricant but wipe off excess. Nine and ten speed chains can stretch quickly Avoid costly cassette replacement by checking your chain often.
- Tires for cuts - pick out embedded debris in tire.
- Quick release skewers so that they are tight and properly aligned
- Spin wheels and squeeze brake levers
- Make sure wheels are true while checking pad alignment and wear
- Wipe down bike
- Make sure cables run smooth thru cable guide under bottom bracket
- DO NOT hose off bike.
- Make sure you have an extra tube, tire levers and inflation device.
Custom Bike Fitting
A professionally fitted bicycle makes you want to ride further, harder, and faster with maximum comfort. Essentially a marriage between you and your bicycle. Cycling is a repetitive motion activity. Minimizing the impact to your body may help you finish that first century or triathlon. Although you and your neighbor may be the same height and weight, you may have completely different bicycle fit due to experience, flexiblity and preference.